Please share these openings with the members of your groups. Service at OIAA is open to any AA member. OIAA currently has two types of committees Standing and Adhoc. Our Bylaws have more information on this. Adhoc committees become Standing Committees once they are voted on by the Assembly. Feel free to visit the committee pages for more information about each committee.
12th Step Committee (Steppers)
- Interested in being on the front lines of helping the still suffering alcoholic?
- Steppers respond to requests for help by sharing their experience, strength and hope and connecting the requestor to resources near them.
- Please email Steppers.Chair@aa-intergroup.org for more information.
Communications Committee (Adhoc)
- If you have skills in the following areas, please contact Lesliee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Making short videos.
- Writing short stories or newsletters.
- Proofreading and editing longer documents.
- Document control.
- Multi-lingual volunteers needed for occasional projects including
- Translators (written documents) – German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Simultaneous Interpreters: American Sign Language (ASL), Chinese, Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish & Portuguese.
- Please email email@example.com for more information on how you may be of service.
- Establishing better communication with professionals working with alcoholics.
- Finding simple, effective ways of cooperating without affiliating.
- A few more volunteers are needed for this committee.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Financial background not required but familiarity with basic financial literacy is helpful.
- Please email email@example.com for more information.
Guidelines Committee (Adhoc)
- Help develop Operating Guidelines in alignment with OIAA Bylaws, approved by the Assembly 10 September, 2022.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Process new groups for listing in our OIAA Meeting Directory.
- Help groups regain status in listing and membership.
- Have an eye for detail?
- Please email: email@example.com for more information.
- Public Information in Alcoholics Anonymous means carrying the message of recovery to the still-suffering alcoholic by informing the general public about the A.A. program.
- The volunteers on the PI committee provide information on Alcoholics Anonymous meetings (online or face-to-face), or for other AA-related questions.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you have tech skills and are willing to be a part of a great team, please email OIAA.Tech@aa-intergroup.org for more information on how you may be of service.
- The Unity Committee promotes unity between the Intergroup and other AA entities around the globe. Individuals interested in the Outreach Project are encouraged to step forward as less than 1/3 of the 107 Jurisdictions listed on the project tracking sheet are covered with Unity Committee Liaisons.
- Please email email@example.com for more information.